[Ocfs2-users] Private Interconnect and self fencing

Jeffery P. Humes jeff at bofus.org
Fri Jul 28 00:28:38 CDT 2006

I have an OCFS2 filesystem on a coraid AOE device.
It mounts fine, but with heavy I/O the server self fences claiming a
write timeout:

(16,2):o2hb_write_timeout:164 ERROR: Heartbeat write timeout to device
etherd/e0.1p1 after 12000 milliseconds
(16,2):o2hb_stop_all_regions:1789 ERROR: stopping heartbeat on all
active regions.
Kernel panic - not syncing: ocfs2 is very sorry to be fencing this
system by panicing

It is my understanding that OCFS is expecting that the only heartbeat
available to be on disk the same disk that I am writing to?

Is there any way like with other clustering setups to setup a different
or even multiple heartbeats?  On a crossover between servers, or on a
private interface?
Seems like putting it only on the disk, that may have heavy IO is going
to cause problems.

Any advice on setting up the heartbeats would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-JPH