[Ocfs2-users] kernel panics on sles 10 rc3

Steve Feehan sfeehan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 15:26:20 CDT 2006

On 7/14/06, Alexei_Roudnev <Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com> wrote:
> First of all, make o2cd dependent on iSCSI (so that it starts AFTER it abnd
> STOPS before it). I recommend to make sshd start BEFORE both - it allows you
> to have emergency access to the system if you did anything wrong.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

The startup order for services is currently:

  S09sshd
  S13open-iscsi
  S14o2cb
  S15ocfs2

and the shutdown order is:

  K07ocfs2
  K08o2cb
  K09open-iscsi
  K13sshd

So I think the ordering is already as you suggest.

> Second. iSCSI is very reluctant on shutdown.
> I'd better manually remove iscsi shutdown from K* files at all, so that it
> never stops. You are lucky that
> your system did not froze (when I experimented with LVM2 on iSCSI, I had
> many such scenarios).

I will try disabling the K*open-iscsi init script, but I don't think
that is the problem. I can trigger the panic manually by calling
/etc/init.d/o2cb stop (see the first transcript in my original mail).

> In all other things, such combination work fine for me (except that I was
> not able to make OCFSv2 work stable as a document storage on i386 servers).

Are you saying that ocfs2 was not usable for your situation? Can you
explain why?

Thanks.

--
Steve Feehan