[Ocfs2-users] What is wrong

Kevin Lyons klyons at novell.com
Thu Jul 6 10:53:52 CDT 2006

>>> "boka" <boka at piekna.pl> 07/06/06 3:28 AM >>>
>Array is divided in two logical volumes. First logical drive
>is connected to first node as sdb1, etc.

What does the "etc" mean?  Do you have the following:

LV        Node
----       ------
1    ---> node1
2    ---> node2

This will not work without something more exotic like DRBD.  What you
should do is have each LV presented to ALL nodes.  You want:

LV        Node
----       ------
1    ---> node1, node2
2    ---> node1, node2

I think this might be the root of all of your problems.

>First question
>is ocfs2 partition should be mounted on all nodes

Yes.  It does not work otherwise.

>if yes what determine the active node

Nothing.  It is not an active/standby filesystem, it is a clustered
filesystem meaning all the nodes have it mounted simultaneously.

>Second question
>i have mounted ocfs2 partition on node1 and node2 can not see that it
is
>mounted.
>
>node1:~# echo "slotmap" | debugfs.ocfs2 -n /dev/sdb1
>        Slot#   Node#
>            0       1
>
>node2:~# echo "slotmap" | debugfs.ocfs2 -n /dev/sdb1
>        Slot#   Node#
>
>Any idea

Probably the device /dev/sdb is not the same logical volume on both
nodes.  Search the archives of this list.  Sunil of Oracle posted a
command that you run against the device that gives you a unique serial
number or whatever for each LV so you can tell if they are the same
device.

Thanks,
Kevin