[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 for a web cluster ?

Bool bool at boolsite.net
Wed Jan 4 08:44:00 CST 2006

Hello,

I would like to set up an Apache cluster, based on LVS.
My web sites uses data cached in local files, so NFS is not realy usable.

There is not a lot of "write" in this files, but a lot of "read", and is
very important that this files are "synchronous" (this cache can be used
for a forum, for example).
Of course I can't modify this websites... I have to do with this code.

So I would like to use a "cluster" file systems for all nodes (actually
only ten nodes).

Actually I rent my servers, which only have a 100Mbit/s ethernet
connection.

Is OCFS2 a good solution for me ? I'll have to use GNDB too mount each
drive
on each cluster ? With a poor 100Mbit/s ethernet connection is it "fast" ?

Is GFS2 a better solution ? and Lustre ? Is there a better solution for
this ?

Thanks for explanations.

Olivier

PS : sorry for my "english".