[Ocfs2-users] LVM2 snapshot and OCFS2

Sébastien CRAMATTE s.cramatte at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 9 02:41:16 PST 2006

Hello,

I use XEN with LVM2.  For my mail server I've created an logical volume
formated with OCFS2

What happens is that this volume and OCFS2 is setuped inside Xen
VirtualMachine.
On the Xen Host I haven't configured  OCFS2

So to make my backup  I've created a sheel script that create snapshot
of  each LVM2 volume, mount and backup it using Rsync.
Works like a charm for ext3 volume but not for  OCFS2

I search for a mean to mount OCFS2 volume without installing it as
cluster node because this is just a snapshot and I just need to mount it
for backup.
It will be accessed only by Xen Host.  I've tried to just load OCFS2
kernel module but I obtain this message

mount -t ocfs2 /dev/xen-volume/mail-drbd-snap /snapshot-mnt
mount.ocfs2: Revision of OCFS2-Tools is out of date. Cannot initialize
cluster

Regards