[Ocfs2-users] DMesg error on startup ...

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Thu Dec 7 14:00:04 PST 2006

Ok, it is not about 'ended'.

What happen, more likely:

- Linux runs network service. It enables interfaces (btw, some interfaces comes by Hot PlugIn daemon after in, asyncronously)
- ifconfig reports interface UP. In reality, ethernet is in spanning-tree negotiation mode (so it cant send/receive packets next 30 seconds)
- network service exists with 0 return code (because it did everything). So system proceed with next service(s)
- it starts o2cb in 2 - 5 seconds after it.
- so, next 20 - 30 seconds o2cb cant communicate (because switch did not finish spanning tree negotiation yet - it have 30 or 40 second shold time)
and so  it fail.
- when you run it in the very end, it can work.

So,
(1) fix switch config
OR
(2) add 'wait when ping will work' into the network script (or better add one more service which do it)
OR
(3) add sleep 40 into the o2cb

No one oif these methods is not bypass.

For 'order', see skeleton file in /etc/init.d . But order is corerct out of the box (at leat, relating to the network - it is not correct if you use iSCSI for example).