[Ocfs2-users] 2 node cluster, Heartbeat2, self-fencing

Matthias Dahl mdmloc at designassembly.de
Mon Aug 14 22:49:50 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 02:55, Sunil Mushran wrote:

> Both should not fence. In a 2 node setup, the lower node number
> should not fence. That is, I am assuming that the iscsi is up and that
> the lower node (or both) can rw to the iscsi device at all times.

Ok, I'll give that a try. We previously made some tests with a similar setup
and both servers fenced. We used drbd-8 instead of iSCSI.

Nevertheless, in a 2 two node setup, if the node with a highest node number
fails, both machines self fence, don't they?

Thanks for taking the time!

Best regards,
Matthias Dahl