[Ocfs2-users] OCFS- EMC Issue

amit pansare amit.pansare at rediffmail.com
Sat Aug 12 12:54:36 PDT 2006

I’ve an issue related to Oracle 10g RAC.
I’ve 2 node cluster each being Dell 2850 Server with RHEL 4.0
I’ve EMC CX300 SAN storage with following partitions

/orasoft            10 Gb              OCFS2 File system
/oracrs             2 Gb                OCFS2 File system
/orabackup      100 Gb                        OCFS2 File system

The datafiles are on ASM which is not directly visible in OS.
I’ve common Oracle Home installed in /orasoft/db_1 which is shared by both nodes in cluster.
I’ve faced an issue recently related to EMC storage.
The /orasoft partition displays 1.4 Gb space available using df command.
when ever I try to create a file on this partition I get an error as No Space left on device. I’m unable to start any service with the same reason. while i am able to use this partition from another node in cluster.

Can anyone help me with this storage issue ??

Regards ,
Amit Pansare
DBA
Net Magic Solutions