[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 on top of LVM2?

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Tue Apr 25 15:00:19 CDT 2006

Hello,

One of the perceived limitations with OCFS2 vs. ASM is the fact that an
OCFS2 filesystem must be created per LUN whereas ASM manages multiple
LUNs and stripes across it.

Are there any efforts going into using OCFS2 on top of LVM such that LVM
would stripe or concatenate LUNS and allow me to create a large OCFS2
filesystem?  My target production systems are RHEL 4 x86-64.

Thanks!

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.