[Ocfs2-users] shared writable mmap

Zach Brown zach.brown at oracle.com
Tue Apr 25 11:30:15 CDT 2006

> E: Couldn't make mmap of 12582912 bytes - mmap (22 Invalid argument)

> According to the kernel help files, 'shared writable mmap' isn't yet
> supported, which presumably explains the above.

Presumably.  An strace could verify the cause.

> Is this going to be added any time soon?

It's on the list of things to do but its relative priority and timing
hasn't been decided, as far as I know.  Unfortunately, doing it well it
requires some changes to the page fault paths in the kernel.  Nothing
serious, but that sort of thing always makes this kind of work take longer.

> I'm currently using the ocfs2
> kernel modules in linux 2.6.16, maybe a later version supports it?

Not yet, no.

- z