[Ocfs2-users] RHEL4 x86_64 OCFS2 10gR2 performance

Stephan A. Rickauer stephan.rickauer at ini.phys.ethz.ch
Tue Apr 4 04:22:51 CDT 2006

> I have 2 IBM x346 eServers, both of them with 2 Qlogic HBAs (qla2340). They
> are connected rendundantly to a IBM DS4300 (fiber storage). I have Oracle
> 10gR2 RAC installed. RHEL4 U2 x86_64. My problem is the following:
>
> Each server works very well, if alone,ie, if the other one has not mounted
> the ocfs2 partition. But when both of them are working, the performance goes
> to hell.
> For example: there is a job that, when it runs on one server alone, takes 4
> seconds, but when I put both servers on line, it takes 3 minutes.

Have you been able to fix this problem? It looks like I experience the
very same effect on RHEL4, iscsi, two Opterons. However, I am only
interested in native file system performance which I test by using bonnie++.

With one node only I see around 80MB/s read and rw peformance. As soon
as two nodes access one ocfs2 fs, performance is reduced to ~25MB/s
write and 15MB/s read (!) performance.

Has anyone been able to conform this being an x86_64 only issue?

Thanks,

--

 Stephan A. Rickauer

 Institut für Neuroinformatik          Tel: +41 44 635 30 50
 Universität / ETH Zürich              Sek: +41 44 635 30 52
 Winterthurerstrasse 190               Fax: +41 44 635 30 53
 CH-8057 Zürich                        Web:  www.ini.ethz.ch

 RSA public key: https://www.ini.ethz.ch/~stephan/pubkey.asc