[Ocfs2-users] could not start cluster stack

Yuval Baruch yuval.baruch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 02:38:11 CDT 2005

I have succeded in bypassing the problem.
The problem was caused since OCFS2 installation created a directory under
/lib/modules,
which didn't match the kernel version I have ( 2.6.9-11 ) the directory
OCFS2 created was 2.6.9-11.0.0.10.3.EL.
To bypass it I copied the modules to my directory 2.6.9-11.EL I think it is
a bug.
Another problem I am dealing with is that OCFS2 modules can't be loaded.
When I ran dmesg I saw the following message:"ocfs2: unkown symbol
generic_drop_inode".
I saw a fix to this bug that requires changing the kernel source and
compiling it, for me it is a problem since I will lose my RH support after
complinig the sources.
Does someone knows another solution for this problem?

Thanks.