[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 and Suse 9.2

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Thu Oct 13 12:07:09 CDT 2005

The ocfs2 packaging is in three parts. The ones you are seeing
are the tools and console (userspace bits). There is very little
change between that and the production 1.0.2.

The third part is not as an rpm on sles9. It is the file system modules.
It is bundled with the kernel.rpm.

Now, sles9-sp2 has a fairly old version of the kernel module.
To get a newer version, use yast to get to 2.6.5-7.201 kernel.
It has 1.0.2 of the ocfs2 modules.

If and when SuSE releases a newer kernel, the latest ocfs2
drop will be bundled with it.