[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 for non-clustered environment

Peter Sylvester peters at mitre.org
Thu Oct 13 10:02:59 CDT 2005

I'm looking at trying out OCFS2 for a single node (non RAC) environment,
mainly to get the performance benefits over going through the ext2/ext3
file system.
The intent is to have a single OCS2 partition which will only contain
the database data files (oradata directory).
Is there anything special I should do to get this working?
For instance, do I still need to configure and run the cluster service
in this situation?
BTW, I'm planning to run the new 1.0.7 release on RHEL4-U2.

thanks,
Peter Sylvester
MITRE Corp.