[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 Panic!

Eckenfels. Bernd B.Eckenfels at seeburger.de
Thu Nov 10 13:18:01 CST 2005

It looks to me you have been playing around with the USB layer of your
box, which somehow locked up the interrupt processing for too long.

Ocfs2 is killing the machine in these conditions, because it needs to be
shure it wont access data a nother node is looking at. Even if a single
node is living, it has to do this fencing, since another one could show
up in the meantime.

I suggest you do not ever use USB block devices on linux production
servers. The messages below, you may want to set the kernel timestamp
option, so you can see if the messages are really related. (i.e. if the
fencing panic is exactly 12s after the USB problem).

Gruss
Bernd