[Ocfs2-users] not able to propagate configuration

Dirk.Schaare at juwimm.com Dirk.Schaare at juwimm.com
Thu Nov 10 08:34:31 CST 2005

Hi,

same situation here.

But as far as i understand the docs and presentations now, you have to use
a "shared disk" environment. Every node has to mount the same volume from
a SAN or iSCSI or something similiar. OCFS2 is not a network filesystem,
the goal is to manage concurrent access to SAN Volumes for the cluster
nodes. Please correct me, if I'm out of focus.

regards,
Dirk

@ Jan: sorry for PM to you, I'm new to Lotus Notes...

Jan Lenaerts <wetenschapper at gmail.com>
Gesendet von: ocfs2-users-bounces at oss.oracle.com
10.11.2005 15:04

An
ocfs2-users at oss.oracle.com
Kopie

Thema
[Ocfs2-users] not able to propagate configuration

hello,

I want to configure ocfs2, I have 2 nodes with ununtu breezy with ocfs2
already in the kernel, and the ocfs2 disk is on one of the two nodes. ssh
is running on both nodes, but I have no propagate cluster button in my
ocfs2console

every thing else works, I can mount the volume

however there is one strange thing in my status:

root at mars:~# /etc/init.d/o2cb status
Module "sctp": Loaded
Module "configfs": Loaded
Filesystem "configfs": Mounted
Module "ocfs2_nodemanager": Loaded
Module "ocfs2_dlm": Loaded
Module "ocfs2_dlmfs": Loaded
Filesystem "ocfs2_dlmfs": Mounted
Checking cluster ocfs2: Online
Checking heartbeat: Not active

heartbeat is not active, how do I make this active

my cluster.conf:
node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 10.0.20.10