[Ocfs2-users] Unmounting ocfs2 at shutdown

Ivan Vasquez ivan at itos.uga.edu
Thu Jun 30 07:42:58 CDT 2005

We are installing a 2 node cluster and are seeing this behavior: When
shared storage is manually unmounted by umount /dev/sd*#, it works well
and the other node is not affected. However, when the system tries to do
the same at shutdown, the machine going down gets stuck in it, while the
remaining machine gets a very high cpu utilization. We end up having to
turn off the servers as the system stops being responsive.

Our question:
What is the suggested way to unmount an ocfs2 filesystem at shutdown?

Thanks,
Ivan