[Ocfs2-users] FW: Approximate prod release date

Andrew Crowhen andrew.crowhen at oracle.com
Sun Feb 6 03:50:41 CST 2005

Hi,

Can anyone answer the question below?

Regards,

    Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Crowhen [mailto:andrew.crowhen at oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 2 February 2005 10:58 a.m.
To: ocfs2-announce at oss.oracle.com
Subject: Approximate prod release date

Hi,

A customer that is deploying 11i/9iRAC on Linux with OCFS was under the assumption that they could use the OCFSv1 filesystem for a shared APPL_TOP. I have reset their expectations about this and have told them that OCFSv2 will allow software installation to the shared filesystem. However I am not sure whether this includes a shared APPL_TOP.

Therefore any info on following 2 points would be appreciated:

1. Approximate release date for OCFSv2 (I release the date will not be fixed etc but the customer would like a ball park date so they can determine whether it is worth waiting for OCFSv2 or not).

2. Will OCFSv2 support a shared APPL_TOP installation.

Regards,

    Andrew