[Ocfs2-users] file locking in OCFS2

ocfs2 at asset-control.com ocfs2 at asset-control.com
Tue Sep 21 11:10:56 CDT 2004

Greetings,
We want to experiment with a small cluster with OCFS2 and are trying to
find
out if OCFS2 supports all the file operation functionallity that we need.
When it says on the OCSF2 project home page that the new features include
POSIX compliance,
what does this exactly mean.
More specifically, would concurrent fcntl( ... F_SETLKW ...) calls on
OCFS2 files from different
cluster nodes work as in NFS?
If not, is there an alternate API and documentation?
Quick inspection of the OCFS2 source tree suggests there is at least a
distributed lock manager
involved.
Does it have an API and would it be possible to use it to create locks on
'virtual files'?