[Ocfs2-tools-devel] ocfs2-tools-o2cb-1.8.2 - critical issue o2cb

Goldwyn Rodrigues rgoldwyn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 07:33:09 PDT 2013

Sorry for the late reply. I have been very busy with non-work related
stuff this week. Expect the same delays next week :)/

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Eugene Istomin <E.Istomin at edss.ee> wrote:
> Goldwyn,
>

> why are you reverted codebase to 1.8.2? There are some patches in lastest
> git snapshot needed for stable working.

Versioning issues with the opensuse build team. I have asked Oracle
team members to cut a new revision. Hopefully, after that we will be
able to get it there. I have put in the xvd support though.

In the meantime, if you have specific issues/patches you want
incorporated, let me know and I will put it in.

> Another question is related to kernel 3.8 patches merging.
>
> Current release
> (http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/log/?h=linux-3.8.y&qt=grep&q=ocfs
>
> ) have known bugs that have patches in mainline:
>

> 1)
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/commit/?id=30b9c9e6ba289ba3bb67cc292efcc4122ea37ae5
>

> 2)
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/commit/?id=1269529bda27823ed42798762e896c059ea5e486
>

> What should i need to push this patches to next release?
> 30b9c9e6ba289ba3bb67cc292efcc4122ea37ae5 is the real blocker of using OCFS2
> with kernels > 3.4.x.

I can incorporate that. Are you using opensuse 12.2 or opensuse 12.3?
12.3 is 3.7 based and the reason for the confusion.

A little busy, so please be patient.

--
Goldwyn