[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [RFC] mkfs adaptable cluster size depending on device size

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Fri Jul 23 10:23:08 PDT 2010

mkfs.ocfs2 has a concept of fstype which allows us to choose the
appropriate cluster size. The calculation takes the size of the volume
into consideration.

        -T filesystem-type
               Specify  how  the  filesystem  is  going to be used, so that
               mkfs.ocfs2 can chose optimal filesystem parameters for  that
               use. The supported filesystem types are:

                    mail   Appropriate for file systems that will host lots
                           of small files.

                    datafiles
                           Appropriate for file systems that  will  host  a
                           relatively small number of very large files.

                    vmstore
                           Appropriate for file systems that will host Vir-
                           tual machine images.

Sunil