[Ocfs2-tools-devel] questions for dx_dirs

Coly Li coly.li at suse.de
Wed Sep 30 03:13:16 PDT 2009

Hi,

These days, I am reading the dx_dirs patches, there are some questions I want to
confirm. If you know the answer, please do not hesitate to reply ;-))

1) unindexed btree
The unindexed tree from 'dx_dirs' is a btree of extents, organizes data content
of the directory file. In leaf node (directory file blocks), the first record in
the extent is struct ocfs2_dir_block_hdr, the rest records after struct
ocfs2_dir_block_hdr are all struct ocfs2_dir_entry.

2) in indexed btree, does idx_free_space[OCFS2_IDIR_FREE_SPACE_HEADS] maintain
free lists cross all leaf blocks of the btree ? or for each extent, there should
be a set of free lists ?

3) in unindexed tree, use {db_free_prev, db_free_next} to maintain free slot
within an extent block; in indexed tree, use ocfs2_dir_block_trailer to maintain
the free slots within an ocfs2_idir_dirent ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Coly Li
SuSE Labs