[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [Ocfs2-devel] Patch to Pacemaker hooks in ocfs2_controld

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Mar 6 16:41:24 PST 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 06:56:56PM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 00:59, Joel Becker <Joel.Becker at oracle.com> wrote:
> >        But that's logged in the ais logs, not in the ocfs2_controld
> > output, right?  Is that in syslog?
>
> Its logged via syslog as ocfs2_controld - is there somewhere else that
> ocfs2_controld logs to?

	ocfs2_controld stores everything from log_debug() and
log_error() in an internal ring buffer.  So you can do 'debugfs.ocfs2 -R
"controld dump"' to see it.  Messages from log_error() are also passed
to syslog, so that high-level issues can be seen in the logs.
	So anything logged by the internal ais code is going to go to
syslog but not to the ring buffer.  When I dump the ring buffer, I won't
see it.  I don't think we need to find a way to get it into the ring
buffer - I'd just like to see a log_debug() or two at those ais error
points so that hte ring buffer shows where ais failed or something like
that.

Joel

--

"Can any of you seriously say the Bill of Rights could get through
 Congress today?  It wouldn't even get out of committee."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com