[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [Ocfs2-devel] Patch to Pacemaker hooks in ocfs2_controld

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Thu Mar 5 15:59:54 PST 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 09:07:13AM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> I just refreshed my memory of the patch (I wrote it a while ago), and
> I didn't actually remove any logging at all (again, I was confusing
> myself with the dlm equivalent - sorry).
>
> For example, yes the following line is removed:
> -       log_debug("Local node id: %d", our_nodeid);
> but only because it is already logged by init_ais_connection()
>
> Likewise, ais_dispatch() logs all the interesting things that used to
> be reported by process_pcmk().

	But that's logged in the ais logs, not in the ocfs2_controld
output, right?  Is that in syslog?
	I don't mind detailed ais errors not being in ocfs2_controld's
ring buffer.  But basic things like "ais connect failed" and "my nodeid
is" would be nice to see in one place, rather than trying to match up
multiple logfiles, no?

> So anyway, you're happy with the current patch if I resubmit with all
> the log_printf's changed back to log_debug/log_error?

	Mostly, sure.

> I'll create a new one for any additional logging I think might be helpful.

	That's a good plan.

Joel

--

"We'd better get back, `cause it'll be dark soon,
 and they mostly come at night.  Mostly."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com