[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [Ocfs2-devel] Patch to Pacemaker hooks in ocfs2_controld

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Wed Mar 4 11:30:12 PST 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 09:21:48AM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I overhauled and simplified the Pacemaker hooks recently.  This patch:
> - Reuses more code from the Pacemaker libraries
> - Escalates fencing to the cluster manager instead of initiating it
> directly

	I like these parts.

> Attached patch is against master, or you can pull the original patch
> which is against an older version used by SUSE:
>   http://git.clusterlabs.org/?p=ocfs2-tools.git;a=commit;h=dfc25180085c160baff412eb7423c6285cb166a9

	Ugh, your mail client attached it in a way that makes it
not appear in my quoted reply text.  Weird.
	I'll trust that you got the ais/pcmk interaction code right - it
looks ok on the face, but I'm not familiar with it.
	I don't like log_printf().  First because log_error() already
exists for LOG_ERR printing, second because you strip out all the useful
log_debug() calls, but most of all because your log_printf() doesn't add
to the internal daemon ring buffer.  So debugfs.ocfs2 -R 'controld dump'
doesn't show those messages.
	Is there a reason log_error() didn't work for you?

Joel

--

"Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty."

 Oh, and don't forget where your towel is.

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com