[Ocfs2-tools-devel] question of ocfs2_controld (Jun 27)

Coly Li coly.li at suse.de
Fri Jun 26 12:00:05 PDT 2009

Hi,

When reading code of mount.ocfs2 to check a lvb lenght issue, I find code in
mkfs.ocfs2.c:
351         if (!(mo.flags & MS_REMOUNT) && !dev_ro && clustered) {
352                 ret = o2cb_begin_group_join(&cluster, &desc);
353                 if (ret) {
354                         block_signals (SIG_UNBLOCK);
355                         com_err(progname, ret,
356                                 "while trying to join the group");
357                         goto bail;
358                 }
359                 hb_started = 1;
360         }
on L352, o2cb_begin_group_join() gets called, it sends a CM_MOUNT message to
ocfs2_controld.

In ocfs2_controld, I don't see anywhere calls mount(2). Therefore, I guess in
ocfs2_controld, CM_MOUNT just does some membership and service stuffs, does not
call mount(2). Am I right ?

My original purpose is to find where to initiate a lvb with 64bytes, but from
mount.ocfs2 code, I don't find anywhere to create a dlm lockspace (before create
a lock) so far.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance.
--
Coly Li
SuSE Labs