[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [RFC 0/4] dx_dirs v1: brief info

Coly Li coly.li at suse.de
Sun Dec 20 10:01:51 PST 2009

These days I am working on the user space tolls support for indexed dirs. Right now I post a quite basic patch series
for my first trying (v1).

Here is what v1 patch does,
- If in pass2, any block of a directory file is changed, truncate its indexed tree if the directory has.
TODO in v2,
- after truncate the indexed tree, rebuild indexed tree against the changed directory file.

The patches passes compiling, a already know bug is releasing block in group chain,
-------------------------
Pass 0b: Checking inode allocation chains
[CHAIN_BITS] Chain 0 in allocator inode 30 has 987 bits marked free out of 1024 total bits but the block groups in the
chain have 986 free out of 1024 total.  Fix this by updating the chain record? <y> n
[CHAIN_GROUP_BITS] Allocator inode 30 has 37 bits marked used out of 1024 total bits but the chains have 38 used out of
1024 total.  Fix this by updating the inode counts? <y> n
Pass 0c: Checking extent block allocation chains
[GROUP_FREE_BITS] Group descriptor at block 419331 claims to have 1024 free bits which is more than 1023 bits indicated
by the bitmap. Drop its free bit count down to the total? <y> n
[CHAIN_BITS] Chain 0 in allocator inode 22 has 1023 bits marked free out of 1024 total bits but the block groups in the
chain have 1024 free out of 1024 total.  Fix this by updating the chain record? <y> n
[CHAIN_GROUP_BITS] Allocator inode 22 has 1 bits marked used out of 1024 total bits but the chains have 0 used out of
1024 total.  Fix this by updating the inode counts? <y> n

In order to get feed back as early as possible, I post the v1 patch while it's not completed. Any comment is welcome,
thanks in advance for your review.

--
Coly Li
SuSE Labs