[Ocfs2-tools-devel] Re: [Ocfs2-devel] [patch 1/1] offline de-fragmentation tool

wengang wang wen.gang.wang at oracle.com
Tue Feb 12 22:01:38 PST 2008

tao.ma wrote:
> Many typos. So please revise them.

revised some :)
> Some comments:
> a) In "implementation detail:"
>     5. does step 4 and step 5, until there is only on group in the
> 'left' groups. Strange? do step 5 in step 5?
changed the statement in another way.
5.  runs from step 4, until there is only on group in the 'left' groups.

> b) As Sunil has said in the previous e-mail, writing order is a *MUST*
> in ocfs2-tools. but it seems that your design doc doesn't resolve this
> problem. So do please improve it until it is OK. You have already
> mentioned in the doc: doesn't garantee safety when power down during
> the procedure of defragmentation(needs to be improved). ;)
yea, writing order is MUST, but since won't continue working on this
off-line tool any longer, I just added a comment:
--
as seen, updating inodes/extents and committing groups to disk are done
very late. this aims getting better performance of this tool. But in

> Thank again for your hard work in this issue.
:) glad to do that.

wengang.