[Ocfs2-tools-devel] Removing stale branches

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Tue Sep 11 18:04:00 PDT 2007

Guys,
	There are some seriously stale branches in our ocfs2-tools
repository.  I think they should go.  Here are the ones I propose to
remove.  Let me know if you object or approve.
	For revision reference, we are past revision 1400.

Joel

- joel-junk

Some initial header work.  This was last touched at revision 66 (!!).

- cluster-groups

This is where we made cluster groups the global allocator.  Last touched
in revision 381.

- endian-safe

We made the tools endian safe.  Last touched in revision 1042, merged to
trunk in revision 1043.

- kabi

We move to a more static ABI betwen o2cb_ctl and the kernel.  Last
touched in revision 539.  Does anyone remember the "clusterbo" program
that preceeded o2cb_ctl?  This is where it died :-)

- new-dir-format

I can't tell if this is (new) (dir format) or (new dir) (format).  It
modifies format.c.  However, it's revision 42, so I doubt we care.

- ocfs-tools-1.1

This is the ocfs2-tools project, not the ocfs-tools project.  This
branch is just legacy from when we moved the repository over.  Revision
16.

- usysfsify

We move to configfs for the o2cb kABI.  Last touched in revision 666 :-)

--

"Under capitalism, man exploits man.  Under Communism, it's just
   the opposite."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle