[Ocfs2-tools-devel] Patch for journal truncate of ocfs2-tools.

tao.ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Mon May 14 16:48:22 PDT 2007

Sunil Mushran wrote:
> The first fsck is not called with -fy. See function normal_test.
> But, if your volume was 12G, we should not encounter the
> chain_cpg issue at all.
12G isn't enough. Let me calculate it.
If you use 4K as the block size and 1M as the cluster size, then in
every group there will be 32256((4096-64)*8) bits and that means about 30G.
See the debugfs.ocfs2 output of my volume.

debugfs:        Inode: 519   Mode: 0644   Generation: 3351252320
(0xc7c00d60)
        FS Generation: 3351252320 (0xc7c00d60)
        Type: Regular   Attr: 0x0   Flags: Valid System Allocbitmap Chain
        User: 0 (root)   Group: 0 (root)   Size: 40007368704
        Links: 1   Clusters: 38154
        ctime: 0x46484d33 -- Mon May 14 07:51:15 2007
        atime: 0x46484d33 -- Mon May 14 07:51:15 2007
        mtime: 0x46484d33 -- Mon May 14 07:51:15 2007
        dtime: 0x0 -- Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969
        ctime_nsec: 0x00000000 -- 0
        atime_nsec: 0x00000000 -- 0
        mtime_nsec: 0x00000000 -- 0
        Last Extblk: 0
        Sub Alloc Slot: Global   Sub Alloc Bit: 7
        Bitmap Total: 38154   Used: 976   Free: 37178
        Clusters per Group: 32256   Bits per Cluster: 1
        Count: 243   Next Free Rec: 2
        ##   Total        Used         Free         Block#
        0    32256        975          31281        256
        1    5898         1            5897         8257536

        Group Chain: 0   Parent Inode: 519  Generation: 3351252320
        ##   Block#            Total    Used     Free     Contig   Size
        0    256               32256    975      31281    15871    4032

        Group Chain: 1   Parent Inode: 519  Generation: 3351252320
        ##   Block#            Total    Used     Free     Contig   Size
        0    8257536           5898     1        5897     5897     4032

> Marcos, Use "set -x" to narrow down the problem area
> in the test script.
>
> Marcos E. Matsunaga wrote:
>> Sunil,
>>
>> Volume was 12Gb. Fsck is only called with -fy options.
>>
>> I'm running a test with 20Gb Volume. Hopefully it is big enough.
>>
>> Sunil Mushran wrote:
>>> chain_cpg is not a "corruption" per se eventhough fsck
>>> treats and fixes it as one. That mkfs sets cpg to < max
>>> possible when the device fits in one cluster group is not
>>> ideal but not incorrect either.
>>>
>>> Is running fsck -fy the first time round not possible? It
>>> will take care of this problem.
Use "-y" will fix the chain_cpg to the max, but that isn't the volume's
real size.