[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [patch 0/8] Add remove slots for ocfs2-tools, take 2

tao.ma at oracle.com tao.ma at oracle.com
Fri Jun 15 01:15:19 PDT 2007

tunefs.ocfs2 has been able to increase the slot for a long time.
Now the support for removing slots is also added. There are also some changes
in debugfs.ocfs2 and fsck.ocfs2 to be fit for this new feature.

Modification of v1->v2:

1.Rewrite the move group mechanism.
  Joel has pointed a new mechanism which can save some time and improve
  the performance, so change it accordingly.
  http://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs2-tools-devel/2007-June/000193.html.

2. Fix a bug in journal release while removing the slot.
   We have to empty all the blocks contained in the deleted journal file.
   The journal may contains some inode blocks which look like valid except
   the i_blkno, so if this block range is used for future inode alloc files,
   fsck.ocfs2 may raise some error and if we answer "y" it will create some
   faked inode.

3. change the way tunefs.ocfs2 use incompat flag in the super block.
   We shouldn't pollute the incompat namespace, which wasn't designed with
   this sort of use. So add a new flag and allocate a small field from the
   free space on ocfs2 superblock to flag exactly which tunefs operation is
   in progress.
   http://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs2-tools-devel/2007-June/000195.html