[Ocfs2-tools-devel] Add --no-backup-super in backup superblock patches and resend them.

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Thu Jan 18 14:43:29 PST 2007

Almost there. I saw only one blocker issue.

1. libocfs2:
static inline errcode_t check_cluster(ocfs2_bitmap *bitmap, uint64_t bit)

No need for inline.

2. tunefs:
+static inline errcode_t load_chain_allocator(ocfs2_filesys *fs,
+                                            ocfs2_cached_inode** inode)
No need for inline.

3. tunefs:
                        /* If this happens, we should remove the backup
                         * super compat flag in the superblock
                         * and let
                         * fsck reclaim the space before running
                         * tunefs
                         * again to set it.
                         */
                         OCFS2_CLEAR_COMPAT_FEATURE(
                                 OCFS2_RAW_SB(fs->fs_super),
                                 OCFS2_FEATURE_COMPAT_BACKUP_SB);

Remove the comment. The code is clear. But the one bug still here
is that the super is not being written too. As in, the backup sb compat
clear needs to be flushed to disk, shouldn't it?

4. fsck:
+               " -r            restore backup superblock(very
dangerous!)\n"

Remove "very". Unneccessarily dramatic!

5. fsck:
We need to add a new pass at the end that ensures that the backup supers
all match. (Don't do this right now. We'll add this after we checkin
this patch. We need to discuss this a bit more.)