[Ocfs2-tools-devel] [patch] Modify mkfs.ocfs2 to be fit for more file system features.

tao.ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Thu Aug 16 15:31:27 PDT 2007

The disk layout for ocfs2 volume will be changed for sparse files in
1.4, so mkfs.ocfs2 have to be modified to fit this new feature. And
since we may have many new features in the ocfs 1.4 and we may also need
to keep the compatibility with the boxed runned in 1.2.x, it is
necessary to make mkfs.ocfs2 more flexible with the new added feature.
So this modification of mkfs.ocfs will not only benefit sparse files,
but also many new features which will be added in ocfs2 in the future,
such as unwritten extents etc.