[Ocfs2-tools-devel] A patch of fsck.ocfs2 of ocfs2-tools, add file type when create dotdot.

tao.ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Thu Oct 19 02:04:35 PDT 2006

A minor patch for the recovery of dot and dotdot in the directory.

when fsck.ocfs2 finds some error and  wants to add a new dot or dotdot
to the directory, it only set the file name and len. So if the inode is
equal to 0 and file type equals to OCFS2_FT_UNKNOWN, the right type will
not set by fix_dirent_filetype. And the user must run fsck.ocfs2 again
to set the right file type.
Actually I meet this problem when I create the error DIR_DOT_EXCESS by
fswreck.