[Ocfs2-test-devel] Hello, any suggestion and update for ocfs2-test?

Junxiao Bi junxiao.bi at oracle.com
Wed Jul 20 20:23:04 PDT 2016

Hi Eric,

On 07/20/2016 01:25 PM, Eric Ren wrote:
> Ping...
>
> Hello Junxiao,
>
> Did you receive this thread [1] I sent last month?
>
> I am working on putting ocfs2 test in control of Jenkins nowadays. So,
> I'd like to shorten
> the time of one test round. There are 3 ways I can think of:
>
> 1. tell ocfs2-test a specified list of testcases to run
>
> This has been achieved by your patch introducing "-t" option. However,
> this option can only specify one case at a time, making the log of test
> results distributed among many directories. That's inconvenient to get a
> whole picture of the result at a glance;-)
OK, please fix the check part.

> 2. eliminating 2-layer loop for blocksize and clustersize by introducing
> "-b" (blocksize) and "-c" (clustersize) options so that we can loop
> different blocksize and clustersize outside of ocfs2-test
Looks good to test with specified block/cluster size, but I think it'd
better leave the original block/cluster coverage test there, it can be
made as a full test, it will be run if block/cluster is not given.

> This 2 patches [2][3] are for it.
>
> 3. different combinations of features and options for mkfs and mount
> operations, like
> "inline, sparse, unwritten, ...", and "journal={data | order|
> writeback}" etc
>
> I intend to untouch this for now. Maybe a global configuration file can
> be introduced to save different combinations for different test cases in
> the future. Thus, make it more configurable in a common file;-)
>
> [1] https://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs2-test-devel/2016-June/000849.html
> [2] https://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs2-test-devel/2016-June/000850.html
> [3] https://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs2-test-devel/2016-June/000851.html
>
> Could you help review those fixes? Thus, I can push the fixes with a
> "reviewed-by" to
> upstream, and improve/resend the others.
>
> BTW, any update for ocfs2-test from your side? I'd be very appreciated
> to see them;-)
No new patches from my side, all have been pushed to upstream.

Thanks,
Junxiao.