[Ocfs2-test-devel] resize_test.sh

Marcos E. Matsunaga Marcos.Matsunaga at oracle.com
Fri Oct 2 11:30:03 PDT 2009

Hi Folks,

Was running code coverage tests on 2.6.31 when I ran into this error:

/usr/bin/sudo -u root /sbin/tunefs.ocfs2 -v -S /dev/sdl4 14000647
tunefs.ocfs2: Online operation request failed (see dmesg) while asking
the kernel to link the group at block 161280 to chain 5
tunefs.ocfs2: Online operation request failed (see dmesg) while trying
to add the cluster group at block 161280

It happens in the do_backup_test function. Any clues? The partition was
formatted for the test and a dd ran to mess the superblock. Then fsck
was ran to recover it (it fails with bad magic number).

--

Regards,

Marcos Eduardo Matsunaga

Oracle USA
Linux Engineering

“The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.”