[Ocfs2-devel] ocfs2 xattr

Roberto Sassu roberto.sassu at huaweicloud.com
Tue Mar 7 07:59:15 UTC 2023

On Mon, 2023-03-06 at 23:46 +0100, Valentin Vidić wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2023 at 10:40:35PM +0100, Valentin Vidić wrote:
> > I suppose the fix would be to change the default value to -EOPNOTSUPP?
>
> Confirmed, new default value fixes the crash. It is essentialy the same
> problem as this one in ceph:
>
> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/7f5056b9e7b71149bf11073f00a57fa1ac2921a9
>
> I'll try to prepare a patch...

Ok, yes. It is a known problem. I tried to fix it several times, but no
luck yet.

https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/20221115175652.3836811-1-roberto.sassu@huaweicloud.com/

https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/20221207172434.435893-1-roberto.sassu@huaweicloud.com/

If you change the default value to -EOPNOTSUPP, that would address the
problem if no eBPF program attaches to the inode_init_security hook. If
one does and returns zero or any positive value, the kernel cannot
handle it.

Roberto