[Ocfs2-devel] Kernel 6.1 - ocfs2 NULL pointer exception

e-m e-m at mailbox.org
Wed Feb 22 13:18:18 UTC 2023

Hi,

I am trying to use ocfs2 on my machine.
ArchLinux Kernel 6.1.22-arch1-1

However, when I try to create a file (e.g. "touch") on the mounted FS, I
get a BUG with a PF:
BUG: kernel NULL pointer dereference, address: 0000000000000000

It seems that the strlen() in ocfs2_calc_xattr_init() is the problem
because si->name is NULL.
When I modify the code so that strlen() is not called when si->name is
NULL, it  BUGs out at another position in ocfs2_xattr_set_handle()
(strlen() again).
It seems like the whole ocfs2 kernel code has this problem mit strlen()?

Can I provide you with any additional information?

Thanks and best regards,
Etienne