[Ocfs2-devel] how to restore a reflink ?

Joseph Qi jiangqi903 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 02:18:51 UTC 2022

On 6/10/22 3:18 AM, Lentes, Bernd via Ocfs2-devel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have some Virtual machines running on an OCFS2 volume.
> That means that their disk images reside on an OCFS2 volume.
> I needed to change something inside one vm and created a relink of it before.
> What i wanted to change went wrong. I need the reflink.
>
> I have vm.raw and vm_before_configure.raw.
> vm_before_configure.raw is my reflink.

As the name hints, it seems vm_before_configure.raw is the source image
(good), while vm.raw is the dest reflink image (bad)?

If it is, discard the existing reflink vm.raw (better backup first), and
redo a new reflink vm.raw from vm_before_configure.raw will save much
time since your image is very big.

Thanks,
Joseph