[Ocfs2-devel] [bug report] ocfs2: check/fix inode block for online file check

Dan Carpenter dan.carpenter at oracle.com
Mon May 22 21:26:24 PDT 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 08:20:02PM -0600, Gang He wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> What static checker tool did you use? could you paste the detailed warning message to the list too?
> Since I need to write this information into the patch comments due to Andrew Morton's suggestion.

It's some Smatch stuff that I was working on yesterday.  I'm probably
going to publish this in a month or two.  It's hard to say because, of
course, returning NULL is often valid.

Anyway, the warning is triggered when you pass zero to ERR_PTR().

 	fs/ocfs2/inode.c:179 ocfs2_iget()
 	warn: passing zero to 'ERR_PTR'

regards,
dan carpenter