[Ocfs2-devel] [Ocfs2-tools-devel] fsck.ocfs2 does not write back block data corrected with hamming code

Gang He ghe at suse.com
Mon Aug 28 21:52:37 PDT 2017

Hello Guys,

This is a little tricky problem.
When the user modifies a character in a meta-block, the hamming code can repair this block when reading this block in fsck tool,
so fsck tool can not detect this disk block inconsistent problem.
But debugfs tool reads meta blocks without using meta-ecc mechanism, that means debugfs can see this corrupted block.
We need to discuss if we should aware this problem in fsck and rewrite the corrected block in memory to disk in this case.

Thanks
Gang