[Ocfs2-devel] [RFC] Should we revert commit "ocfs2: take inode lock in ocfs2_iop_set/get_acl()"? or other ideas?

Eric Ren zren at suse.com
Mon Oct 24 02:13:14 PDT 2016

Hi all,

On 10/19/2016 01:19 PM, Eric Ren wrote:
> The thrid one is to revert that problematic commit! It looks like get/set_acl()
> are always been called by other vfs callback like ocfs2_permission(). I think
> we can do this if it's true, right? Anyway, I'll try to work out if it's true;-)
After looking into more, I get to know get/set_acl() can be invoked
directly from vfs,
for instance:

fsetxattr()
  setxattr()
    vfs_setxattr()
      __vfs_setxattr()
        handler->set(handler, dentry, inode, name, value, size) //
posix_acl_access_xattr_handler.set = posix_acl_xattr_set
          posix_acl_xattr_set()
             set_posix_acl()
               inode->i_op->set_acl()

So, this problem looks really hard to solve:-/

Eric