[Ocfs2-devel] ocfs2/dlm: continue to purge recovery lockres when recovery master goes down

Andrew Morton akpm at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jul 11 13:37:38 PDT 2016

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 13:34:30 -0700 Andrew Morton <akpm at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 18:04:33 +0800 piaojun <piaojun at huawei.com> wrote:
>
> > We found a dlm-blocked situation caused by continuous breakdown of
> > recovery masters described below. To solve this problem, we should purge
> > recovery lock once detecting recovery master goes down.
>
> I'm not sure which kernel version this patch is against, but I get
> significant rejects when merging into 4.7-rc7.  Can you please redo it
> against the latest Linus tree?

Oh, OK, it's probably due to changes in your earlier patches.  It helps
if you use sequence numbering:

[patch 1/3] ocfs2/dlm: disable BUG_ON when DLM_LOCK_RES_DROPPING_REF, is cleared before dlm_deref_lockres_done_handler
[patch 2/3] ocfs2/dlm: solve a BUG when deref failed in dlm_drop_lockres_ref
etc