[Ocfs2-devel] ocfs2: A race between refmap setting and clearing

xuejiufei xuejiufei at huawei.com
Mon Jan 25 17:43:57 PST 2016

Hi Junxiao,

On 2016/1/21 15:34, Junxiao Bi wrote:
> Hi Jiufei,
>
> I didn't find other solution for this issue. You can go with yours.
> Looks like your second one is more straightforward, there deref work can
> be removed.

There are two problems with the second solution:
1) Node retry to deref the lock resource will block dlm_thread to process
other lock resources.
2) When node retries to drop the refmap bit, the master may be in another
assert master work, that will take a long time to purge a lockres.
So I prefer the first solution.

Thanks,
Jiufei