[Ocfs2-devel] ocfs2-test for v4.3 done

Eric Ren zren at suse.com
Thu Feb 18 19:01:24 PST 2016

Hi Junxiao,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:15:56AM +0800, Junxiao Bi wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I remember i described it before, please search it on ocfs2-devel. For
> ocfs2 env setup, please refer to README in ocfs2-test.

Yes, you did. Actually, it's the  quoted paragraph below;-)
Thanks, but more things what I really want to learn about are, such as:
1. git hook/auto control scripts, if it's OK to share;
2. pain point and solution, for example, a latest tagged release kernel may
   not compile successfully by `make defconfig` or `cp /boot/config-`uname -r``;
   Or cannot boot up even if we've built kernel RPM and installed it.

   Did you have this problem? Any suggestion;-) What I can think of is to try opensuse
   tumbleweed distribution(a rolling release).

> On 02/16/2016 05:54 PM, Eric Ren wrote:
> > Hi Junxiao,
> >
> >> Four vm are used, one for git server, and the other three to build
> >> kernel and run ocfs2 test. Tag a branch and push it to the git server,
> >> the test will be started. The test cases to run can be set in tag message.
> >
> > Recently, I get free days and also want to setup automatic testing env for ocfs2.
> > I'll use pcmk as cluster stack while you probably use o2cb. I think we can complement
> > each other.  May I bother you to describe the work flow more specifically, or share
> > experiences and references? That way it would save my life;-)

Thanks!
Eric