[Ocfs2-devel] About ocfs2 file sytem fragmentation tool

Joseph Qi joseph.qi at huawei.com
Wed Aug 10 23:27:03 PDT 2016

Hi Gang,
We can also get some information from
    "debugfs.ocfs2 -R 'stat //global_bitmap' <device>"
But unfortunately there is no summary information such as fragmentation
ratio.
We have encountered a problem that once volume usage exceeds 95%, create
a new big file will consume much longer time, which is because of each
gd in chains has little contiguous clusters.

Thanks,
Joseph