[Ocfs2-devel] [RFC] Online File(system) check

Gang He ghe at suse.com
Mon Apr 27 20:00:35 PDT 2015

Hi Glodwyn,

Very nice proposal.
So far, there are some comments from me.
1) which task will we do in check/fix a file, we need to define the detailed requirements further, since we just do a light-level file check/fix according to inode number, we need to know which items can be done by online check, which items can be done by offline fsck.
2) can we keep check and fix two option, check option is to check if a file is good or bad, but not modify anything, fix option is to check and fix a file if the file is corrupted.
3) when users execute the command "echo CHECK <inode> > /sys/fs/ocfs2/filecheck" to check a file, how to give the feedback information besides printing the messages to syslog?
4) we should support a list to accept the "check/fix" requests from user-space and queue them, then handle them one by one, right? what is the behavior for the request user which execute "echo check ..." from the user space? the user post a request to the kernel space, then the command will end or wait for the file check end?

Thanks
Gang