[Ocfs2-devel] [patch 05/11] ocfs2: code cleanup: remove unused functions

Mark Fasheh mfasheh at suse.de
Fri Jan 24 14:00:51 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 12:47:04PM -0800, akpm at linux-foundation.org wrote:
> From: Goldwyn Rodrigues <rgoldwyn at suse.de>
> Subject: ocfs2: code cleanup: remove unused functions
>
> These functions are either coded in individual files as static or not used
> at all.  Remove them.

NAK - some of this may be used by userspace (ocfs2_fs.h is shared with
ocfs2-tools).

The other reason for my NAK is that some of these either complete a set of
functions or provide information on how to handle structures:
ocfs2_gd_is_discontig or ocfs2_system_inode_is_global are good examples and
it's all in ocfs2_fs.h which is where I'd personally go look to see how the
fs structures are stored.
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh