[Ocfs2-devel] [patch 09/15] ocfs2: add functions to add and remove inode in orphan dir

Joseph Qi joseph.qi at huawei.com
Thu Dec 18 19:37:56 PST 2014

Hi Mark,
I much appreciate your pertinent comments on this feature.

The reason we use orphan dir is to make sure allocating blocks and
updating inode size consistent, and this will result an entry in orphan
is not truly deleted one.
To distinguish dio from unlink, we introduce a new dinode flag
OCFS2_DIO_ORPHANED_FL.
So after this change, once unlink and dio happen concurrently, there
may be two kinds of results:
1. On the same node, only one entry will be added with flag
OCFS2_ORPHANED_FL, and flag OCFS2_DIO_ORPHANED_FL will be set and clear
during dio.
2. On different nodes, two entries will be added with each flag
OCFS2_ORPHANED_FL or OCFS2_DIO_ORPHANED_FL.

Since entry name is stringified from blkno and the length is fixed
OCFS2_ORPHAN_NAMELEN, so adding a prefix as you suggested may affect
too much.