[Ocfs2-devel] A deadlock when system do not has sufficient memory

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 10:13:16 PDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Joseph Qi <joseph.qi at huawei.com> wrote:

> On 2014/8/25 13:45, Sunil Mushran wrote:
> > Please could you expand on that.
> >
> In our scenario, one node can mount multiple volumes across the
> cluster.
> For instance, N1 has mounted ocfs2 volumes say volume1, volume2,
> volume3. And volume3 may do umount/mount during runtime of other
> volumes.

I meant expand on the deadlock. Say we are mounting a new volume and that
triggers a inode cleanup. That inode being cleaned up will have to be from
one of the mounted volumes. How can this lead to a deadlock?

Two variations:
a) Node death leading to recovery during the mount.
b) Mount atop a mount.

But I cannot still see a deadlock in either scenario.